Sunday, February 1, 2009

On the importance of "proper" English in relationships

We all bring issues from our old relationships to our new relationship.
My wife is a very intelligent lady. Multiple Degrees, impressive alphabet soup job title, and extremely well spoken. Being from Canada, she even speaks the "real" English. She is a master of the spoken word, that is until she gets angry.
This rarely happens; except for on odd or even days of the month or on any day of the week that ends in a letter y.
One day while we were having a rerun of one of our most popular discussions(argument) , she went from proper English to pissed off English mixed with snippets of Tagalog(the most common Filipino language) to silence. After a few minutes of this she proclaimed to me: " I don't know why you want to be with me I have too many suitcases!" Without missing a beat I said "actually sweetheart the expression is I have too much baggage"

No comments:

Post a Comment